Tommie men's track and field held the first of two home outdoor meets on Thursday evening at O'Shaughnessy Stadium.
No team scores were kept in a competition that included several unattached and University of Minnesota scholarship athletes; plus Division III athletes from UST, Macalester, St. Olaf, Hamline, St. John's, Augsburg and Northwestern-St. Paul.
St. Thomas highlights :
- Logan Klaers threw 153-2 for second place in the hammer and 148-11 to win the non-seeded discus. His discus toss ranks first in the conference, while his hammer ranks fifth;
- Matt Schauer won the shot put (50-1 1-4), two feet under his MIAC-leading throw of last weekend;
- Tyler Krpan was third in the 1,500 (3:58.76), the sixth fastest time thus far among MIAC athletes;
- Craig Murtha took third in the hammer (152-1);
- Dan Sauro (22.37) and Ryan Queenan (22.73) placed 3-4 in the 200, with Sauro's time second fastest thus far among MIAC athletes;
- Aaron Terrell-Byrd tied for second in the javelin (157-11), the sixth best throw in the MIAC this season;
- Michael Witschen (22-5) and Sauro (21-1 1-4) placed 1-3 in the long jump, with Witschen moving into first on the MIAC season list;
- Evan Keil took fourth in the pole vault (14-1 1-4), the sixth best vault this season in the MIAC;
- Jacob Gredvig (55.89) and Jordan O'Reilly (56.83) placed 1-2 in the 400 hurdles, and Gredvig's time moves to the top of the MIAC season list;
- Connor Gross placed second in the 110 hurdles (15.27), lowering his second-ranked MIAC time;
- Doug Mueller (1:55.82) and Charles Jones (1:56.67) placed 7-8 in the 800;
- Chris Mueller (49.64), Queenan (49.83) and Fritz Alt (51.18) placed 2-3-4 in the 400, with Mueller's time fourth fastest thus far among MIAC athletes;
- Joe Reed (11.43) and Connor Bednarek (11.50) placed 5-7 in the 100 dash.