Junior Michael Witschen had two top-five placings to lead the Tommie men's track and field athletes at Saturday' Carleton Relays in Northfield.
Witschen won the long jump in 22-0 3-4. Witschen (165-5) and Aaron Terrell-Byrd (164-0) had season bests and top-six places in the javelin.
Other top UST performances included:
- Brian Jarvey took second in the 400 dash with a season-best 48.80, the third best time thus far in the MIAC;
- Trevor Smith (10:03.61), Robby Williams (10:05.52) and Adam Berkowitz (10:05.61) placed 3-4-5 in the steeplechase and now rank in the top eight in the conference;
- Evan Cross had a season best in the high jump (6-4);
- Craig Murtha had a season best 145-8 in the discus;
- Jordan O'Reilly (56.41) and Jacob Gredvig (56.41) placed 3-4 in the 400 hurdles;
- Connor Gross took third in the 110 hurdles (15.33);
- UST took second in the 4x100 relay at 43.07;