Senior Trevor Smith had a top-20 finish in a field of 244 runners to lead St. Thomas Men's Cross Country to fifth place out of 14 teams at Saturday's Carleton Running of the Cows Invite in Northfield.
No. 11-ranked Loras won with 42 points. No. 28-ranked Gustavus (128), Luther (144), Grinnell (153), UST (158), Central (168) and Carleton (169) took the Nos. 2-3-4-5-6-7 team spots.
The Toms put seven runners in the top 52 and 14 athletes in the top 100 in the 8,000-meter race (4.97 miles):
- Trevor Smith took 17th (26:39) overall and was the sixth finisher out of 91 MIAC runners;
- sophomore Allen-Michael Burback was 26th (27:00);
- junior Andrew Fritz placed 31st (27:09);
- freshman Spencer Urick finshed 39th (27:22);
- senior Mike Ryan was 45th in 27:30;
- freshman Karl Wachter took 51st in 27:40;
- soph Seth Glidewell placed 52nd in 27:43;
- freshman Collin Kiley took 65th in 27:54;
- soph Parker Rosenau took 67th in 27:54
- senior Adam Brandt placed 84th in 28:13;
- junior Ricky Peterson was 88th in 28:15;
- senior Austin Knowlton took 97th in 28:25;
- freshman George McGivern placed 98th in 28:26;
- sophomore Bailey LaChance took 99th in 28:28.