|Team:||Football; Inducted 1974|
Ignatius A. O'Shaughnessy graduated from the University of St. Thomas with a BA in 1907. As a student, O'Shaughnessy played halfback and was a captain of the football team (1905). He later worked as the college's bookkeeper. O'Shaughnessy was a prime donor for the sports venues of O'Shaughnessy Hall and O'Shaughnessy Stadium. He had a successful career in the oil business, and became a prominent philanthropist, giving millions to St. Thomas and Notre Dame.