Tommie Men's Golf dropped a head-to-head competition Friday with St. John's. UST lost the match play 8-3 -- the stroke play score was SJU 294, UST 300.
St. Thomas competes Sunday and Monday in the SJU tournament.
Match Play (8-3)
1. Sam Olson (SJU) def. Pete Sienko, 71-77 (SJU, 1-0)
2. Emmet Herb (UST) def. Matt Lutz, 68-77 (Tied, 1-1)
3. Jack Koehler (SJU) def. Shane Sienko, 71-78 (SJU, 2-1)
4. Austin Kottke halved with Owen Nowicki, 77-77 (SJU, 2.5-1.5)
5. David Schneider (SJU) def. Riley Gannon, 75-78 (3.5-1.5)
6. Preston Kopel (SJU) def. Matt Mellin, 73-76 (4.5-1.5)
7. Matt Wahl (SJU) def. Derek Farrell, 74-79 (5.5-1.5)
8. Charlie Stuck (SJU) def. Jack Ritchay, 75-79 (6.5-1.5)
9. Thomas Stoxen (UST) def. Jon Koenig, 78-82 (6.5-2.5)
10. Jack Cummings (SJU) def. Alex Syverson, 82-88 (7.5-2.5)
11. Esten Stensrud halved with Miles McCarthy, 77-77 (8-3)
Tommie Baseball needed nine outs to close out a non-conference win over UW-La Crosse in Friday's play in Rochester, Minn. The Toms could only get seven outs, and lost a 3-2 walk-off in the conclusion of a March game suspended by a time limit in US Bank Stadium.
The Eagles (18-9) were down to their last two outs but used four singles for the tying and winning runs.
In the nine-inning game two, La Crosse rallied from a 2-1 deficit to win 6-2. A three-run home run in the eighth inning capped the comeback. Tommie starter Drew Molin allowed one earned run in six innings with six strikeouts and no walks but left with no decision.
In the 12 innings on the day, UST's lone runs came from Rock Cates' solo home run and a bases-loaded walk to Evan Kolker.
The Toms (12-12) are scheduled to play five MIAC doubleheaders over eight days starting with two games Sunday at Carleton (1 p.m.).