Tommie Men's Swim-Dive won six pool races and Andrew Grabowski swept one- and three-meter diving Saturday at the season-opening St. Thomas Relays. There were no team scores kept in the competition at Anderson Pool.
Men's teams from St. Olaf, Carleton, Luther, Macalester St. Mary's and Hamline joined St. Thomas.
Grabowski scored 287.70 to win three meter and 255.15 to take first on one meter.
Senior Bailey Biwer had a hand in three firsts to lead the Tommies.
UST firsts were scored by:
- the 800 free relay (7:07.79) with Biwer, Brady Anderson, Warren Melton and Max Larson;
- the 300 breaststroke relay (2:57.27) with Zach Wiesen, Elliot Jacobson, Colin Glass and Alex Robb;
- the 300 butterfly relay (2:55.91) with Adam Boerner, James Bussey, Hunter Nielsen and Omar Omar.
- the 400 free relay (3:43.84) with Melton, Ted Duff, Anderson and Biwer;
- the 200 free relay (1:26.35) with Biwer, Tom Negaard, Wiesen and Charles Hynes.
UST second places were tallied by:
- the mixed co-ed 200 medley (1:44.79) with Negaard, Melissa Rose, Omar and Alex Howard;
- the 800 free relay (7:32.32) with Adam Boerner, Dominic Azar, David Brunik and Collin Moon;
- the 300 back relay (2:42.67) with Ethan Rodriguez, Brunik, Carl Hansen and Anderson;
- the 200 free relay (1:29.87) with Joe Herrli, Matthew Kearney, Jacob Rear and Omar.
The Tommies compete Nov. 3 at Carleton and Nov. 4 at St. Olaf.