St. Thomas' Eric Holst did it again. The junior thrower moved up from No. 5 to No. 2 on the Division III season performance list in the weight throw with Friday's 61-4 3-4 toss to highlight the Tommies' showing at the non-team scored St. Thomas Invite at Anderson Fieldhouse.
The winning heave -- nearly two feet farther than his best from last weekend -- is also the second best throw in school history, just 18 inches off Pat Ahern's 1993 school record.
Teammate Austin Jochum placed second in 56-1- 3-4, just two inches off his top-10 ranked national throw of last week.
UST athletes won six other events and its alum one of its alumni won other:
- Freshman Carl Kozlowski won the 1000 (2:33.49);
- Andrew Fritz won the 3,000 (9:08.43);
- Gage O'Brien won the shot put (47-11);
- Jonah Schoenfelder won the 60 hurdles (9.09);
- Mohamed Malim won the 200 (24.0);
- Connor O'Neill, competing unattached this indoor season, won the pole vault (15-7);
- alum Michael Witschen won the long jump (22-5 3-4).