Feb 16, 2019
St. Thomas teams are one week away from the MIAC Indoor Track and Field Championships. A few Purple athletes put in especially impressive performances this weekend:
- Senior Eric Holst, the NCAA champion nine months ago in the hammer throw, improved his school and conference record in the weight throw on Saturday at St. Olaf. Holst's 66-1 3-4 toss is third best this season in Division III and just two inches out of the D-III all-time top 10. Teammate David Danhauer threw 55-5 in the same event and moved into the top 50 nationally. The Tommies surpassed 200 points at the Olaf Tostrud meet to claim the team crown.
- Freshman Parker Feuerborn had a season-best shot put toss of 51-10 to move into the top 25 in D-III;
- Sophomore Carl Kozlowski ran 1:54 for 800 meters Friday at the U of M Gopher meet, a time that converts to 1:52.91 and puts him into the top 20 in D-III. He also won a close four-man race at the tape Saturday in the 1000 at St. Olaf. His 1000 time is the third fastest by a Tommie in that event in 21 seasons.
- Karl Wachter had season bests in the 1000 and the mile.
- Aidan Ritzenthaler (14-0 3-4) moved into fourth in the MIAC in the pole vault.
- Biel Wiel and Parker Rosenau had season-best and top-9 MIAC times in the mile.
- Mason Thedens had top-8 MIAC and season best times in the 400 and 600, and ran on the 4x400 that moved into third this season in the MIAC (3:26.34).
- Senior Kendall Novak moved to No. 13 in the women's pole vault nationally with Saturday's 12-1 1-2 performance at the U of M Gopher Parents Day meet. Teammate Marian Terhaar (11-1 3-4) had a season best and moved into No. 2 in the MIAC.
- Freshman Claire Chell clocked 25.99 at the U of M meet in the 200 to move into the top 30 in D-III, and moved into sixth in the MIAC in the 60 (8.04).
- Katelyn Marciniak (26.33) moved into sixth n the MIAC in the 200.
- MIAC leader Steph Kretlow (17-9 3-4) had a season-best long jump Saturday at the U of M meet.
- Sidney Severson (5-3 3-4) had a season-best mark in the high jump and moved to No. 3 in the conference.
- Carly Scheuerman (2:21.22) moved into fourth in the MIAC in the 800.
- Paige Cater (1:39.07) moved into fourth in the MAC in the 600.
- Mallory Adamson (59.50) and Matilda McPherson (60.51) moved up to 4-6 in the MIAC in the 400 meters.
- Taylor Quandt (34-9 1-2) had a season best in the triple jump.