St. Thomas will play host to the MIAC Track and Field Championships on Friday and Saturday at O'Shaughnessy Stadium. Twelve women's teams and 11 men's teams compete.
The first events on the track and in the field start at 2 p.m. on Friday. Saturday's track finals start at 3 p.m., with the first field events at 2 p.m.
The Tommie men are attempting to win the team crown for the eighth consectuive season. Last year they led by 21 points after day one but pulled away for a comfortable 60-point team victory over Carleton.
This season, St. Thomas and St. John's look to be the teams with the best scoring potential, with Carleton, Bethel, Gustavus, St. Olaf, Concordia and Hamline also in the mix for top five team places.
Top St. Thomas athletes include:
- NCAA champion Eric Holst, NCAA qualifier David Danhauer, Gage O'Brien, Parker Feuerborn (throws)
- NCAA qualifiers Nick Spann and Conor White and Joshua Prater (long jump)
- Jake Kelly (high jump, triple jump)
- Austin Coates, Jonah Schoenfelder, Erik Anderson (hurdles)
- Aidan Ritzenthaler, Michael Bury (pole vault)
- Eric Douville (sprints)
- NCAA quslifiers Carl Kozlowski, Karl Wachter and Parker Rosenau (mid-distances/distances).