Senior Collin Kiley placed 43rd in a field of 219 finishers Saturday to lead a partial Tommie Men's Cross Country squad at the Carleton Invitational in Northfield.
The No. 35-ranked Toms held out six top runners, then had another top athlete drop out of the race with an injury.
Kiley clocked 27:24 for the 8,000-meter course (4.97 miles).
Nine other Tommie runners finished in the top 150:
- Keegan Sansone was 54th (27:40);
- freshman Sam Theisen took 61st (27:51);
- freshman Mike Ward placed 78th (28:12);
- freshman Colton Halla placed 83rd (28:15);
- Eric Trempe took 123rd (29:09);
- Nick Sluga placed 128th (29:13);
- freshman Morey Smith placed 129th (29:15);
- Eric Sworski took 135th (29:16);
- Tony Smith placed 149th (29:41).