St. Thomas Swim-Dive had another solid day in its home pool on the final day of the Conference Invite. The Tommie men won 14 events on Saturday, and the UST women won eight.
Over the two days, the UST men won 22 events and the Tommie women won 13.
Tommie Men Saturday winners were:
- Diver Andrew Grabowski in one-meter (312.37) and three-meter (335.55);
- the 200 medley relay team of Michael Vandevoorde, Colin Glass, Lucas Manke and Michael Foss (1:35.78);
- James Bussey in the 100 fly (52.37) and 200 fly (1:57.88);
- Foss in the 50 free (21.60) and 100 free (47.50);
- Glass in the 200 IM (1:59.26) and 200 breast (2:08.58);
- Jacob Rear in the 100 breast (57.91);
- Vandevoorde in the 100 back (52.78) and 200 back (1:56.31);
- David Brunik in the 500 free (4:47.84 );
- the 400 free re;ay team of 3:11.16 1) Foss, Ted Duff, Vandevoorde and Rear (3:11.16).
Tommie Women Saturday winners were:
- the 200 medley relay team of Annie Kleckner-Thiele, Deidre Voss, Rhiannon Mailey and Emily Thurow (1:53.81);
- Erin Melody in the 200 IM (2:15.41) and 200 Back (2:11.92);
- Mailey in the 500 free (5:34.25) and 200 fly (2:29.73);
- Kleckner-Thiele in the 100 free (55.55);
- Voss in the 200 breast (2:27.34);
- the 400 free relay team of Melody, Maggie Vancil, Maggie Ericson, and Emma Dolby (3:47.84);
St. Thomas is hosting three other schools this weekend in the Conference Invite at Anderson Pool. The competition continues Saturday. Hamline (men and women), Augsburg (women) and St. Ben's (women) are also competing.
In Friday's sessions, the Tommie men won all eight evens and the UST women won five.
Tommie Friday men's winners were:
David Brunik in the 1650 free (16:48.66) and 200 free (1:46.72);
Vandevoorde in the 50 back (24.77);
Rear in the 50 breaststroke (26.62);
Stark in the 50 fly (23.98);
Ted Duff in the 400 IM (4:18.37);
Tommie Friday women's winners were:
Deidree Voss in the 50 fly (28.07);
Melody in the 400 IM (4:53.53);
Annie Kleckner-Thiele in the 200 free (1:59.53);