St. Thomas Swim-Dive cruised to team victories at Saturday's St. Thomas Invite at Anderson Pool. The Tommie men's topped five opposing teams, while the Purple women outscored four teams.
The Tommie men won both relays and nine individual races, and added 10 runner-up placings. The women had 17 top-two finishes.
The Toms are off competition next week and are home Jan. 25 for a dual meet against UW-Eau Claire.
Women's winners for St. Thomas were:
- Emily Weldon in one-meter diving;
- Kasey Erickson in the 500 free and 1650 free;
- Alex Howard in the 100 back and 200 free;
- Anna Astrup in the 200 fly;
- Katelyn Strauss in the 100 fly.
Women runners-up were:
- Welson in three-meter diving;
- Erin Ruud in the 100 back;
- Ashley Christensen in the 100 breaststroke and 200 breaststroke;
- Paige Pawlenty in the 200 fly;
- Kate Smarjesse in the 200 free;
- Kirsten Nelson in the 200 back;
- Ann Van Hout in the 100 fly;
- Anna Astrup in the 200 IM;
- the 400 free relay relay with Howard, Strauss, Ericson and Smarjesse.
Men's winners for St. Thomas were:
- the 400 medley relay with Tom Negaard, Noah Faldet, Max Larson and Garrett Riley;
- Adam Boerner in the 500 free;
- Faldet in the 100 breaststroke;
- Negaard in the 100 free and 100 fly;
- Nate Stone in the 200 fly;
- Omar in the 50 free;
- Gahnz in the 200 back;
- Larson in the 200 IM;
- Nate Ruegemer in the 1650 free;
- and the 400 free relay with Larson, Omar, Negaard and Neilsen.
Men's runners-up were:
- Sam Serleth in one- and three-meter diving;
- the 400 medley relay team of John Gahnz, Bryce Hoppe, Nate Stone and Omar Omar;
- Logan Shafer in the 100 breaststroke;
- Hunter Neilsen in the 100 free;
- Lucas Manke in the 200 fly;
- Sam Johnson in the 200 free;
- Joey Vacura in the 200 breaststroke;
- Faldet in the 200 IM;
- Stone in the 100 fly.