St. Thomas Track and Field had several athletes perform well this weekend at the Wartburg Invite -- all improved their chances to make next weekend's NCAA Indoor Championship field.
- Senior Katie Murray won the 200 dash in 25.11, a time that ranks fourth best nationally.
- Junior Grace Bordson had a career-best 5-6 to win the high jump, a mark that ranks 10th best nationally.
- Ali Glassbrenner took third in the mile in a career-best 4:58.23, a time that ranks 14th nationally.
- Austin Jochum (59-7 3-4) took second in a career-best weight throw behind teammate and winner Eric Holst (62-8). Jochum ranks 18th nationally while Holst's season best of 63-0 ranks fourth best.
- Hannah Helstad placed third of 15 in the 800 and improved her time to 2:16.03, No. 19 nationally.
The Tommie men took seventh in the distance medley relay in 10:15 with Carl Kozlowski, James Skidmore, Chris Mueller and Karl Wachter.