Becky Culp Springman is in her first year coaching with the University of St. Thomas, assisting with the throws events.
She spent the last five years at Hamline University, where she coached the throws and short sprints. She also wrote the strength and conditioning program for the jumpers, sprinters, and hurdlers. While she was at Hamline, Becky helped coach multiple All-Americans. Becky also did private lessons and has coached a state champion and multiple state entrants at the high school level.
Becky received her Master's degree at the University of Minnesota in Electrical Engineering, and her Bachelor of Science degree at Hamline University in Physics.
While at Hamline University, Becky competed in the Discus, Shot Put, Weight, and Hammer on the Track and Field team. During her collegiate career she had an impressive resume throughotu her indoor and outdoor career. She was:
- National Champion in the Discus;
- five-time All-American in the Discus and Shot;
- six-time MIAC champion in discus and shot put, and scored 121 points for the Pipers indoors and outdoors on her career;
- four-time USTFCCA Academic All-American;
- three-time team Outstanding Women’s Field Athlete;
- three-time MIAC Athlete of the Week;
- Minnesota USTAF Athlete of the Month.