St. Thomas Women's Cross Country put four runners in the top 30 in a field of 330-plus runners Saturday at the Augsburg Invitational at Bloomington's Hyland Greens Golf Course. Coach Joe Sweeney's No. 20-ranked Tommie squad placed fourth out of 24 teams.
Minnesota-Duluth (88), No. 13-ranked UW-La Crosse (101), St. Olaf (122), St. Thomas (128), No. 4-ranked UW-Eau Claire (135) and Winona State (160) took the top six team spots.
Freshman Olivia Moll (24:40) placed 10th to lead the Tommies, her second consecutive team-leading and top-10 finish.
- Moll was followed by eight other UST runners in the top 100:
- junior Martha Hubbell placed 15th (24:58);
- junior Molly Clarke was 19th (25:07);
- soph Carly Scheuerman took 30th (25:28);
- senior Amber Matzoll was 61st (26:12);
- soph Sara Miller finished 68th (26:20);
- freshman Caroline Johnson took 79th (26:36);
- soph Anna Kroll was 82nd (26:40);
- and junion Becca Wilkin took took 92nd (26:49).
Coach Joe Sweeney is holding out two returning top-five runners as hey recover from injuries.