No. 9-ranked Tommie Women's Cross Country had seven of the first 11 individual finishers in the nine-team Bethel Twilight on Friday evening in Blaine. The three-mile race was the first competition of the 2019 season.
Sophomore Olivia Moll placed first out of 130 runners in 17:58 to lead St. Thomas to a 20-point total.
St. Scholastica scored 70, while St. Ben's tallied 82 for the second and third team places.
The Tommies put 18 runners in the top 50. After Moll, other Purple top 30 finishers were:
- Sara Ness (second, 18:13);
- Katie Breuckman (third, 18:16);
- Sara Miller (sixth, 18:23)
- Jenny Launder (eighth, 18:26);
- Molly Clarke (10th, 18:30);
- Martha Hubbell (11th, 18:48);
- freshman Ali Bertagnoli (19th, 19:07);
- freshman Gwen Helgeson (28th, 19:38).